[iDC] One Laptop Per Child - MIT/Negroponte Initiative

Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten boris at fleck.com
Wed Jan 2 16:13:42 UTC 2008

Hi David and Nicolas Negroponte,

I think what Tony Fish meant to say was that you should ask these
questions directly to Nicolas Negroponte to give him a change to reply
instead of implying/concluding that he doesn't know the answers. It is
a bit easy to accuse Negroponte of cultural and technological
imperialism in the relative safety of a mailinglist. My guess is he
would be perfectly capable of telling you his ideas and be quite
convincing too. He had to, after all, convince thousands of people and
politicians of this project.

So here we go: how about it Mr Negroponte? Are you an cultural and
technological imperialist ignorant of the effects of your actions? If
not could you take some of your precious time to explain, in a
sentence or two, to some of the extremely worried people on this list
that your OLPC project is not the Doomsdaymachine?

Thanks in advance,

Boris