[mapping] mapping proposal - Trebor

catadores catadores at uol.com.br
Mon Dec 20 08:34:00 EST 2004

mila,
agora que estou um pouquinho mais tranquila,
´posso falar contigo sobre isso:
 o que vamos mapear?
 como fazemos?
  do que se trata?
 eu não conseguia pensar em mais nada, até agora.
beijos, fabi

 Hello Trebor and friends,
> I'm Mila and I expect being with you in this work.
>
> I would like to frame the town center as a working area,
like Arthur.
> I'm deeply interested in relations and neighboorhood
created between 'oficial' inhabitants of the old center and
the homeless people who ocupy it pointing different ways of
living -  fragile and instable forms, subversive use of the
public equipaments, etc.
> But once the focus is on  the relations and its complexity,
I believe that the resulting graffic would not point dots on
the map, but blurred zones around dots on the map.
> As written by Ignasi de Solá-Morales, when talking about
architecture's critical role, criticism today can undertake
the production of maps or descriptions wich, like
topographical charts, reveal the complexity of a territory...

> And for the purpose or use of the SPMAP? we are going to
build, I'll talk trough the same author:
> Criticism is thus not the recognition or manifestation of
branches but is itself a construct, purposefully produced to
cast light on that situation, as a means of drawing the
topography of that point where a certain architecture has
been produced.

> Sorry for my poor english and I hope my friends can give me
a helping hand when I have to write in portuguese.

AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/