[mapping] Description and title

trebor at thing.net trebor at thing.net
Mon Dec 27 14:32:27 EST 2004

Dear all,

I like SubmaP also...
Should we get http://submap.br

and--

SubmaP is a collaborative project that aims to map Sao Paulo using a cartography
that puts class and gender on the map. It's not just a map to get you from A to
B-- it's a map that can be reconfigured by its users. We draw different lines,
subjective map of this metropolis: a map of unheard histories, of unknown
places, a map of our own, your grandmother´s map, the worker´s map, a common
people´s map, a people´s map. Another cartography, a different history, a map
that  is shaped by its users.

"The starting point of critical elaboration is the consciousness of what one
really is and  "knowing thyself" is a product of the historical process to
date which has deposited in you an infinity of traces, without leaving an
inventory. Such an inventory must therefore  be made at the outset."

A. Gramsci

keywords: free access to the internet, a walking map of SP, beyond
psychogeography, unsurveyed places, mapping the edges, bicycle paths, activist
event map, ...

best,
Trebor