[events-nyc] The Thing at White Slab Palace/ Monday, September 12th 2011 8:00PM

THE THING NYC events-nyc at mailman.thing.net
Thu Sep 8 14:51:46 UTC 2011

For those of you who might be interested to see a very *UN-American*
perspective on 9/11:

The Thing at White Slab Palace presents:

*DAN OKI: PREDSTAVA (The Performance)
Monday 9/12, 8:00  pm*

Croatia, 2010, 1h22, HD
New York premiere
??A theatre troop from Split goes to New York on September 10, 2001. The
troop is composed of a young married couple with their son, two girls
and a young man. They are welcomed by their New York producer of
Croatian descent and her American husband who works at the World Trade
Centre. Suddenly, the troop finds itself in the middle of the September
11, 2001 destruction. Relationships between them change under the
influence of the force of the events surrounding them...??"On September
11, 2001 I was in New York and I witnessed the terrorist attack and its
consequences firsthand. I wanted to put the photographs I then took in
the context of a feature-length film. The fiction part of the film is in
full format while the documentary part is in split screen. The film
tackles the senselessness of destruction, the unbreakable unity of
everyone on this planet, as well as our unjust destruction of the animal
world to which boy's fantasy leads us." (Dan Oki)?
with: Vanda Boban, Marin Tudor, Lana Hulenic, Marko Petric, Elena Orlic,
Luka Jokic Sterle, Sandra Sterle, Brian Willems.
production house: Studio Fugo

DAN OKI (Slobodan Jokic', Zadar, 1965) is an internationally renown
media artist for twenty years. As a producer, writer & director he made
three feature films: Oxygen4, Performance and The Dark. Teaches as a
professor of Film and Media Arts at UMAS in Split and ADU in Zagreb. He
has won number of international prizes for his films and media art.
more info: http://www.croartgallery.com/

The Thing @ White Slab Palace
Monday, September 12, 2011, 8 PM
77 Delancey Street (corner of Allen)