[events-nyc] Sunday Afternoon

THE THING NYC events-nyc at mailman.thing.net
Sat Feb 25 19:53:18 UTC 2012

It's been a quite for a while here on the events list.  We had to
interrupt our regular programming, since our host, White Slab Palace,
closed down due to constant harassment by the NYPD, notably from a
certain Captain Miller, who seems to be on a crusade to take out the
last remaining authentic bars in the Lower East Side and replace them
with generic sports and theme bars.  Quality of life in the LES went
down another notch, but we're not giving up and I am confident we'll
find another location soon.  Stay tuned for an announcement soon.

In the meantime other stuff is happening:  This Sunday afternoon there
will be another round of turbo madness as Alterazioni Video presents
"The New Cinema Event" at the MoMA PS1 Performance Dome.  Come to our
shack inside the ugly Volkswagen dome for tequila boom boom.  I'll be
there at the bar and since I helped build the damn thing yesterday, I
can attest it's an architectural marvel.

More info at http://post.thing.net/node/3583

Hope to see you there,

WOlfgang