[Experimental-intermedia] on-line version of Screen Compositions 16

Phill Niblock pniblock at compuserve.com
Thu Apr 2 03:59:14 UTC 2020

Please do not reply to this address, but write to pniblock at compuserve.com

======
With the lock-down now extended to the end of April we alsoextend our on-line version of Screen Compositions 16 that you can find at:https://vimeopro.com/richardgaret/screen-compositions-2020
Once again many thanks to Contour Editions and Richard Garet forhelping with getting this on-line.- SCREEN COMPOSITIONS 16 - curated by Katherine LiberovskayaFor its 16th edition Screen Compositions brings you againwithout fail a collection of inspiring and inspired intersections of movingimage with sonic art; a program of screen works representing dynamic two-waycollaborations between video/film artists and sound/music artists specificallyintended for single-channel projection with no live or performance component;featuring collaborations by: Benton Bainbridge / Barbara Held; Nathalie Bujold/ Michel Langevin (Voivod); Alexandra Dementieva / Guy De Bièvre; Bradley Eros/ Lea Bertucci; Muyassar Kurdi / Ka Baird; Katherine Liberovskaya / PhillNiblock; Geoff Matters / Mike Lerner; Eiichi Tosaki & Jutta Pryor / HitomiHonda; Twin Automat (Irini Karayannopoulou+Sandrine Cheyrol) / Yannis Saxonis;Adriana Vila Guevara / Alfredo Costa Monteiro Also continuing is Walter Wright's wonderful retrospective video program: http://experimentalintermedia.org/concerts/20/Walter3.20.shtml(Many thanks to Detta Andrea for help with this)- WALTER WRIGHT (Lowell, Massachusetts) Psychology says that “we see what we think we see”; Lightfalls on the retina and the resulting stimulation is transmitted by the opticnerve to the brain; the brain forms an image, resolves 3D, compares it to thelast image thus detecting movement, checks for imminent danger and, finally,compares it to images already stored in memory. The result loops through themind/body system resulting in an emotional reaction, producing meaning; realityis, in a sense, obscured by our own perceptions; as video artists, it is up tous to dis-cover or un-cover reality, then re-present or re-imagine reality in amanner that changes the viewers perception, to inform rather than affirm, tocreate rather than imitate - Videos by Walter Wright and a performance byWalter Wright and Al Margolis aka Elka Bong  https://nohtv.wordpress.com/ <https://nohtv.wordpress.com/>
Hoping everyone is well and safe !Katherine and Phillfrom the Experimental Intermedia Quarantine