[iDC] Grupo Etcetera

gkester at ucsd.edu gkester at ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 23 17:05:09 EST 2005

Dear Brian and All,

Thanks for the details on Etcetera. They are really exciting, and it's
great to have some additional examples of practice to discuss. I agree
with Brian; there is a lot of very intersting work going on in Argentina
(dating back to the 1960s). On a related point, is anyone on the list
familiar with Fernando Gracia-Dory, who works in Spain? This is one of the
few net/new media and activist cross-overs that I'm actually familiar with
(his seed project was included in the Groundworks exhibition I did at
Carnegie Mellon this fall). He created linkages between the farming
community and hacker networks in Spain, associated with intellectual
property issues around control of seed stocks and information.

Best,
Grant