[iDC] Vision

saul ostrow sostrow at gate.cia.edu
Sat Dec 10 18:01:40 EST 2005

the individual act of resistance - personal politics needed to have a
center which to organize around otherwise what do we contribute to --
feeling good about ourselves - is that the goal or the reward we seek
-- obviously, any program formulated at this point does not come with
strategy, tactics or form - building such models  is were individual
initiative and networks come to have importance in that they are the
means to come to understand what  impact such a program will have on
its parts  after all the process of change is either mechanical and
determinist or its heuristic
Saul

On Dec 10, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Trebor Scholz wrote:

> This is where I see my commitment right now. Resistance I define
> for myself in defining a vision. I agree that work needs to be
> meaningful
> and useful to others. It's hard to figure in advance what will be
> useful or
> consequential though.
>
> Trebor
> http://collectivate.net
>

> __

Saul Ostrow
Dean,
Visual Arts and Technologies Environment
Chair of Painting
The Cleveland Institute of Art