[iDC] Downtime & Play

Brian Holmes brian.holmes at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 19 16:17:47 EST 2005

"if the attenuation applied by the technology destroys
our perceived abilities to humanely connect with the Other,
we need to drop the technology.  period.  If we persist in
modifying our own idiosyncratic needs and expressions
indefinitely to be able to fit into the technological
landscape, we inevitably suffer a very real alienation.  It
is an individual who must make this appraisal (first knowing
deeply their own expressive and impressive needs."

This is great, and so was the post from Trebor, an
individual whom I know well and whom I can hear through the
technology...

"A critique is a weak response -- an altered life-praxis,
based on principles, is much more powerful!"

I'll be thinking of you both as I stagger out to my airplane
tomorrow. Oh, fortunately I never go to anonymous places,
but still, it's about too much for me at this point...

all best, Brian