[iDC] introduction

Burak Arikan arikan at media.mit.edu
Wed Aug 9 17:45:12 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,

I find the discussion on this list exciting and relevant to my
research, and hoping to contribute to this developing discourse. I am
also at ISEA presenting a work on Friday and looking forward to meet
you in person on Thursday. Let me quickly introduce myself.

I recently completed my master's degree at the MIT Media Laboratory
in the Physical Language Workshop. While at MIT, I pursued research
exploring systems that address the transition from connectivity to
collectivity in the context of creative expression. My current
research is focused on building platforms for artists and designers
that enables collaboration based on composing distributed electronic
objects over the Internet.

As an artistic exploration, I build systems that evolve with the
interactions of people and machines, and I show the instances of
these systems through diverse media including prints, animation,
software, electronics, and physical materials.

You can find a brief documentation of my work here:
http://plw.media.mit.edu/people/arikan/

I am excited with the Architecture and Situated Technologies
Symposium, and I hope I can add to the ongoing discussion.

Burak