[iDC] "Untitled Event"

Trebor Scholz trebor at thing.net
Wed Feb 8 11:49:56 EST 2006

Yesterday Judith Rodenbeck delivered an iDC lecture with the title
"The Open Work: Participatory Art Since Silence."

Her topics related to the "Untitled Event" by John Cage and focused on
the relatively recent book "Relational Aesthetics" by the curator
Nicolas Bourriaud.

This recording of the lecture may be interesting (available as mp3 and
stream).
<http://events.distributedcreativity.org>
<http://distributedcreativity.typepad.com/idc_events/>

Judith read a paper. It worked very well in my opinion. Hours of
discussion followed. While I fully stand by my critique of paperism-- it
equally cannot be enforced as a dogma.