[iDC] Against Web 2.0

Rick Maxwell rmax at nyc.rr.com
Wed May 31 09:40:11 EDT 2006

Dear all

I'm itching to get in on this one, but the speed of daily life is
fragmenting that desire. For now, let me add this: look at the post
wwII history of US imperial aspirations, foreign policy, and rise of
transnationals; link in communications needs; re-read Mattelart,
Herbert I Schiller, et al. Now come up to the present and look at Dan
Schiller's book Digital Capitalism, Vincent Mosco's Digital Sublime,
etc; throw in some recent critical media policy studies and reform
movement for highlights; and don't forget the history of anti-
imperialist movements, which involved both organized and large
voluntary mobilizations using whatever means of communication were
available. so, yeah, it's not technologically determined. This is a
telegraph, not an email.

rick