[iDC] Digesting

Mark Shepard mshepard at andinc.org
Sun Oct 1 10:07:07 EDT 2006

Dear iDC list,

Thanks for yet another remarkable month of discussion(s)!  - http://
mailman.thing.net/pipermail/idc/2006-September/thread.html

As some have remarked here, it can be difficult to keep up with the
volume of posts, and the divergence/recurrence of the discussion can
be quite frustrating. This is often the case when trying to approach
a subject from multiple (disciplinary) viewpoints. At the same time,
it has been important for us to let the discussion take its course to
encourage participation from a broad range of voices.

With October upon us, and the symposium now less than 3 weeks away,
Omar, Trebor and I will focus our efforts on *digesting* the various
threads that have emerged over the past 3 months, in an attempt to
help parse a somewhat unwieldy set of topics. This is less an attempt
to draw summary conclusions, more about distilling the salient ideas,
arguments, and positions that have bubbled up over the course of the
discussion.

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing some of you in New York
later this month...

Best regards,
Mark