[iDC] Re: a critique of naturalized capitalism

saul ostrow sostrow at gate.cia.edu
Sun Apr 8 18:18:40 EDT 2007

such confusion arises actually from the pervasive belief that all
things are a form of capital - we today have those who believe that
creativity is capital and that there is such a thing as individual
capital - which constitutes ones skill sets -  which is the value we
come to invest in our self, in society , etc. etc - all of this
reflects the drive of capitalism to naturalize itself - and do away
with the notion of labor and exchange - instead we are encourage to
see ourselves as  investing in our future-present

saul ostrow
Chair, Visual Arts and Technologies
sostrow at gate.cia.edu

EXPECT EVERYTHING / FEAR NOTHING