Fwd: [iDC] Greetings and invitation

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:24:08 EDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Eduardo Bejar <wonka at fundapi.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was just invited to join this list and I hope I can contribute and
> collaborate on the topics addressed and discussed. My name is Eduardo Bejar
> and I represent Fundapi.org, a non profit foundation based in Guayaquil,
> Ecuador (SouthAmerica) that works with ICT initiatives for helping minimize
> the digital divide.

Are you working on getting the One Laptop Per Child computer into
Ecuador? Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay have signed up, plus three
countries in Africa. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Countries

Earth Treasury is working to connect schools around the world. We
started with a 98% Latino school in Dallas, Texas, talking to a
coffee-growing village on Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Schools in
Ecuador, or indeed anywhere, would be welcome to join our program. We
will help the children raise money to equip themselves with the
appropriate computer equipment (and Free Software!) and Internet
connections.

> I would like also to take this opportunity to invite you all to cast your
> vote for your favorite project proposal for the 2007 NetSquared Conference.

Thank you. You can also vote for my book project, to describe the OLPC
laptop, the Earth Treasury program, and how anybody and everybody can
join together to end poverty at a profit all around.
http://www.pledgebank.com/xobook

> A total
> of 152 proposals have been submitted; however, only 20 proposals will be
> selected and will get the opportunity to receive support from the NetSquared
> Innovation Fund to become a reality.
>
> You can check all nominated projects at:
>
> http://www.netsquared.org/projects/project-proposals/all-project-proposals-b
> y-name
>
> And can check our project proposal "Social Web Tools for Developing
> Countries: Yankana.org" at:
>
> http://www.netsquared.org/projects/proposals/social-web-tools-developing-cou
> ntries-yankana-org
>
> Please support our project proposal with your vote, as it will help many
> non-profit organizations in developing countries.

Awesome.

--
Edward Cherlin
Earth Treasury: End Poverty at a Profit