[iDC] Praxis-based Ph.D.s

Nina Czegledy czegledy at interlog.com
Sat Jan 20 07:46:15 EST 2007

thank you for all the stimulating, compelling postings

towards the end of this discussion, I would like to add
that his online debate beyond a much-needed and stimulating
discussion as Chris has suggested, is invaluable in a world of
innumerable conferences where there never seems to be
enough time to discuss a topic at length. The enabling online
features of this exchange are an additional asset. This brings
me to praise and support Maggie's consideration of a publication.

I do miss contrbutions on the subject from countries beyond
North America, Australia and West Europe - as I am aware
of emerging and established programs in for example
East Europe and Asia -  relevant information would benefit the
overall picture.

lastly, considering practice beyond education it is indeed
more and more difficult, if not impossible, to work independently
in new media without academic affiliation, and area where integrated
research and funding is closely associated with academia
and industry.

nina czegledy