[iDC] sharing Curriculum - Sundance, New Forms

patrick lichty voyd at voyd.com
Tue Jan 23 10:23:03 EST 2007

Yes, exactly.  Our performance art Group, Second Front, has been
participating in the screenings and doing ad-hoc performances @ Sundance
via the Virtual World, Second Life.

In my classes, we are using Second Life as an educational resource, and
are in the process of setting up a classroom and Campus, begun last
semester.

The exciting thing is that we have also begun using it for the
realization of objects in the physical.

I feel that this space is an exciting space for sharing resources that
could be more compelling than web-based tech.

Patrick Lichty
- Interactive Arts & Media
  Columbia College, Chicago
- Editor-In-Chief