[iDC] Some thoughts on Jean Baudrillard

A. G-C guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Tue Mar 13 03:49:02 EDT 2007

Just a note on the relationship by JB and his works.

You know that Baudrillard did not resent real problems with the
interpretations of his works from other part whatever misunderstanding. Very
few philosophers have known so much reproductions of his works while alive.
Notoriously online. More subjective interpretation by artists or other
writers.

>From a part it is to know that he had never a lawsuit on the question of the
rights and even not more on the question that he was very much attacked on
false representations by extracting pieces out of their context (notoriously
in France having been the object of several "cabalas" (?) in the Press - but
never receiving himself a lawsuit: absolutely never. Because in fact he was
hated but respected as one of the last truth (the ultimate metaphysic truth
coming from objects as proper conceptual objects, as said McKenzie Wark).

He credited all manifestation of freedom to his works. Two reasons: one
being from a hand that a work is not more the property of his author, but
the public which honours it. If not the work will not meet its proper
cultural life which consists the proper activism of a work having cut the
relationship with its father... (or mother;-)- the author of the work can be
in arts, can be in writings and so on.

Very few writers has so much freedom with their production between friends,
it is to say no being of those not stopping to speak about their proper
works at the dinners... More accepting the hard criticism from proximate
part.

>From the second hand when he was a reference in another work, he accepted
but did not credit the reference as well the Simulationism as well Matrix
and so on, at the moment he was called to do it. Simply because as writer he
was against the representation which attributes always the less part of the
paradoxal meaning that breaks the complexity from the paradox (contraction
of dialectic), so which discredits the proper meaning coming only from the
proper form of essay and style... (aesthetic at the proper act of creation
under the form of essay or aphorisms as micro essays - not the philosophical
disposition outside the work), to become a sort of ideology, or
metamorphosis of the meaning what an author has not to credit as his proper
thought.

Always in distance but truly working from his proper part.

But he was very happy to know the credit given to his works being
interpreted in another works.

He was really an activist of the thought to the thought as well the private"
thought as well its destiny in the common thought.

He played exactly the object, radically coherent.

Well. Yet now we leave to go to the cemetery of Montparnasse and yet now as
usually I am late...