[iDC] One Laptop Per Child - MIT/Negroponte Initiative

Kimberly De Vries cuuixsilver at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:13:16 UTC 2007

I'm waiting until I hear/read field reports before making up my mind on most
of these questions, but I do want to point out that the project has been
developed in the context of MIT's extensive and longstanding tradition of
service:

http://global.mit.edu/development.html

In fact this initiative is one of many carried out and happens to be one of
the geekiest, one that best fits the image of MIT, which may be why it gets
more press than the innovative wheelchair designs (
http://web.mit.edu/mitpsc/news/) or social justice and anti-poverty
initiatives that also come out of MIT's global development programs:
http://web.mit.edu/d-lab/. <http://web.mit.edu/d-lab/>

Best,

Kim

http://else-if-then.blogspot.com