[iDC] About Steal This Film 2

Jim Barrett jim.barrett at humlab.umu.se
Fri Jan 11 16:02:17 UTC 2008

Dear Gregory and IDC
My 'brush' with the League of Noble Peers (which is actually all of us,
you me and the rest of any sharing network, such as the IDC list) is
through the Oil21 project which came to my town recently and made my life
more interesting:

http://www.oil21.org/

I recomend it. Via Oil21 is Pirate Cinema Berlin:

http://piratecinema.org/

also good.

Living in Sweden is not always easy for someone born near the golden
beaches of north eastern Australia (the weather today is particularly
shite), but the environment here for critical and practical inquiry into
new media (incuding P2P publishing) is often totally inspiring. One recent
example of the P2P climate in Sweden is 'Who makes and Owns Your Work?':

http://www.whomakesandownsyourwork.org/ (click through to the blog from
the event page)

A question we should all ask of ourselves often. If you could read Swedish
I could recomend more sites of interest related to the topics taken up by
the League of Noble Peers. Of course anyone can download Steal this Film I

http://www.stealthisfilm.com/Part1/

and 2 from here:

http://www.stealthisfilm.com/Part2/

As well Good Copy Bad Copy:

Its all FREE!

I would still recommend sending some monetary joy to the League of Noble
Peers Gregory, as I happen to know they are not in it for the money and
they work very hard, often with a lot of hassles and disappointments to
accompany their efforts.

best
Jim B.