[iDC] please make comments regarding semantic overlay term

subbies at redheadedstepchild.org subbies at redheadedstepchild.org
Mon Mar 17 15:49:31 UTC 2008

::Alexis,
::
::The principle issue is one of evolutionary vs. revolutionary. Can the W3C
::recommendations "polish" gracefully to meet demanding semantic infrastructure
::requirements or will a fundamental new technology base replace this legacy?
::
::Sandy

Given the current state of AI and our understanding how meaning is
derived?  I'm going to say the latter.  But getting huffy about the W3C
trying to sell us the latest and greatest seems to me to be getting huffy
about human nature, about physical laws of progress.  There will ALWAYS be
a better way of doing things.  In 100 years, or 1000, or even just 1, much
of what we do today will be considered absurd. In the face of that, we
have no choice but to simply go with what we have at the time while
appreciating that it will be superseded sooner or later.
-Alexis

   redheadedstepchild.org
        ------- +