[iDC] The importance of neotraditional approaches in the reconstructive transmodern era

Janet Hawtin janet at hawtin.net.au
Sat Nov 1 21:07:30 UTC 2008

Hello Michel
I put this together a while back
http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=dfdk6g63_134gmcvmqdv

- traditional pre agricultural societies function as networks rather than groups
we are exploring the implication of small pieces loosely joined in
modern networked society.
the difference is important for our context because it starts with an
assumption that diversity is powerful and useful
our society finds value in monoculture and scale
both are problematic as sustainable practices
modern permaculture is closer to hunter gatherer practices
finding value in a diverse garden
we do need to relearn much in order to understand that
there are more than binary states of value
10
we need systems which are able to value other, not mine,
not useful to me, and to rediscover custodianship of our planet and
long term sustainability as a primary value.

Janet