[iDC] The Politics of Perception

Lucia Sommer sommerlucia at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 17:29:20 UTC 2008

Thanks, Paul.

Amusing indeed! The article should be perhaps be titled "The Politics of Hard-Core Biological Determinism." The real question is WHY are some people so afraid?

I'd
reckon it has more to do with historical and political factors than
"physiology", "reflexes" or "genetics": the Politics of Fear, the rise
of neoliberalism, the historical destruction of the left and of
independent journalism, the absence of perceived political
alternatives...

Best,

Lucia