[iDC] Spy on Your Workers with Google Latitude

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Sat Feb 7 01:04:23 UTC 2009

Rarely am I a Google apologist when it comes to privacy, but they've
actually done a pretty good job with this one. It is fully opt-in,
you can fine tune precisely who gets to see your location (and how
granular you want that location-data to be), and, according to their
own privacy help video [1], Google doesn't keep a log of all your
pings to the system.

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9H4xaTspaQ

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies
e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
w: www.michaelzimmer.org