[iDC] A Modest Proposal: Let's get rid of the teachers

Felipe Fonseca felipefonseca at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:15:53 UTC 2009

Ei Mark, all

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 04:49, Mark Marino <markcmarino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please consider the proposal below in the spirit in which it was intended...

Although not with the intent of replacing teachers, that are indeed
needed for some kinds of learning, we have been thinking of a
'distributed learning' approach in some projects here in Brasil. Some
messy documentation (and mostly in pt_br) is published here:
http://rede.metareciclagem.org/conectaz/MetaLearning
and some related links here:
http://metareciclagem.ourproject.org/link/tags.php/metalearning
We at weblab(.tk) are currently agreeing to take part in a research
project that intends to develop a prototype of a distributed learning
system, but it's too early to talk more about it ;)
BTW, I have coined a couple of years ago a similar term to your 'link
jockey': feed jockey. By then I was thinking of systems like
eyebeam-developed reblog, but nowadays that perspective has been
incorporated, along with a social aspect, by big players such as the
google reader.

best wishes from very hot São Paulo

efe

--
FelipeFonseca
~motw - glerm: "tamo aí, tacando pedra nos moinhos" ~