[iDC] Introduction: The Internet as Playground and Factory

Amanda Chapel chapel at strumpette.com
Sun Jun 7 16:52:30 UTC 2009

Friends,

Couple questions:

1. What is the basis of the belief that indiscriminate empowerment is a good
thing? Certainly, ANY insurance company can tell you numerous examples where
it's not. When is it actually good?

2. What is the basis of the belief that indiscriminate communications is a
good thing? Certainly, the opponents of radical transparency seem to make a
solid case.

3. What is the basis for the belief that the unleashed unfettered
unencumbered social groupings that form online area good thing? What is a
system without due process and checks and balances other than capricious
favoritism and bloody conflict?

4. What are the economic consequences of a society devoid of the ability to
produce scale?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Sincerely,

- Amanda