[iDC] Introduction: The Internet as Playground and Factory

Amanda Chapel chapel at strumpette.com
Sun Jun 7 23:30:05 UTC 2009

Grant,

Respectfully, your proposal - without the "expertise to envision any
solutions" - is disconcerting. Money is the global medium/vehicle for the
accounting of obligation. It's ubiquitous. As such, in effect, you are
proposing to globally alter obligation. Easy, only if you don't have any and
don't care for eating.

That aside, you do make an important point: the Internet zeitgeist is
fundamentally anti capitalist and anti market economy. Regrettably, this is
NOT an extension of our current global system. It's a contradiction and a
dangerous one at that.

Anyway, before we rationalize the failure of money and the negation of
obligation, let's please understand the consequences.

- Amanda