[iDC] Introduction

Christian Fuchs christian.fuchs at sbg.ac.at
Thu Jun 11 16:12:15 UTC 2009

Dear all,

Trebor asked me to introduced myself to the members of the list.

My name is Christian Fuchs, I am at the University of Salzburg, Austria,
my background and interest is in critical social theory and dialectical
philosophy, especially the works by Hegel, Marx, Marcuse and how they
can be applied for studying contemporary society, media, and information
from a critical theory and critique of the political
economy-perspective. Besides work in general social theory and the
theory of capitalism, I have in the past years tried to apply this
framework to areas such as Internet and society, the information and
media economy, discussions about media and development, Web 2.0, social
networking sites, etc.

I am looking forward to follow and contribute to the the discussions on
this list.

Best,
Christian Fuchs

--
- - -
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Christian Fuchs
christian.fuchs at sbg.ac.at
Phone +43 662 8044 4823
http://fuchs.icts.sbg.ac.at
http;//www.uti.at
Editor of
tripleC - Cognition, Communication, Co-Operation | Open Access Journal for a Global Sustainable Information Society
http://www.triple-c.at
Fuchs, Christian. 2008. Internet and Society: Social Theory in the Information Age. New York: Routledge.
http://fuchs.icts.sbg.ac.at/i&s.html