[iDC] response to M. Goldhaber's response to Julian Kücklich

Julian Kücklich julian at kuecklich.de
Mon Jun 15 08:09:43 UTC 2009

Here's a sort of postscript on microfame.

[Mon, 15 June, 07:57 GMT]

cycus: Thou shalt follow @cucchiaio for being the personification of
ludology and coolnerdism, spitting out teenage angst poetry in a
reflected way.

cucchiaio: @cycus Aww, thx. That's an awfully nice follow recommendation.

cycus: @cucchiaio was a pleasure since I'm consistently laughing my
ass off with your dark sarcasm

cucchiaio: Thinking about microfame and microfascism. #idc #theory

cucchiaio: One of the (manymany) problems of academic discourse is
that it cannot overcome its oedipal fixation with scholarly
celebrities. #idc

markbuchholz: @cucchiaio I think microfame for many is when their
jokes got retweetet by a handful of twitter-bots

cucchiaio: I mean, how can you sustain a critique of celebrity culture
while referencing Marx, Weber, Benjamin, Debord, McLuhan, Deleuze,
etc.? #idc

cucchiaio: @markbuchholz Well, that's precisely what it is. Microfame
is mundane, self-referential, and unit-operational. Long live the
twitterbots!

[Mon, 15 June, 08:42 GMT]