[iDC] MySpace staff cuts

danah boyd danah at danah.org
Thu Jun 25 15:46:40 UTC 2009

Well, I would argue that MySpace and Facebook are just more honest
about their for-profit status than most government enterprises.
Personally, I'd rather see institutions incentivized by open for-
profit competition than dirty corruption, vender backroom dealing, and
other such nonsense. If you don't think that the government has become
for-profit, you're delusional. Or you haven't spent enough time on the
Hill.