[iDC] The difference between privacy and anonymity

Margaret Morse memorse at comcast.net
Thu Oct 1 14:40:28 UTC 2009

Dear IDC,
Disclaimer:  I found it a playful idea at first but I do not want to
humor someone who suggests that there is an unbridgeable difference
between Sean, Brian and me and John or an identity between me and John
based on nominalism versus realism.  I am an intellectual and thus
could as easily be called a nominalist.  The connection between naming
things and embodied experience of the world is intimate and varied:
metaphor is one of the most powerful tools of all.

Best wishes,
Margaret Morse