[iDC] Industry 2.0, the new network ecology of neocapitalism

John Hopkins jhopkins at tech-no-mad.net
Sat Sep 5 00:49:02 UTC 2009

Hi Michael

> Foundations), or they can be corporate platforms that have been opened up to
> external participants

Are you using the term 'corporate' to mean those legal entities which are independent of/legally separate from the participants in them?  I would think we would have to significantly modify that particular brand of social relation in order for it to be reflexive of the social milieu that it arises in (at least, given our current experience of those legal/economic entities called corporations)...  A traditional corporate structure would seem to stand against many of your core ideas.

Perhaps modifying the concept of responsibilities of the human participants, or having some reflections on a concept of human obligations would be enough.  Though I somehow doubt the humane efficacy of any such institutions operating within the legal framework (of especially the US)...

jh