[iDC] A quick hello

Edward J. Maloney ejm at georgetown.edu
Fri Sep 25 15:02:25 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

Trebor has very kindly invited me to join the group, and asked that I
say a quick word of introduction.  I'm an assistant professor of English
at Georgetown University.  Most of my work is in the field of 20th C
Fiction and Narrative Studies, but I have a particular interest in
digital media as a space for what I unoriginally call narrative
pedagogies.  My sense is that there is a pretty interesting relationship
between the issues of time, consumption, and production and the teaching
practices of the 21st C.

I think I already know a few of you on the list already, so it's great
to see some familiar names.  I'm looking forward to participating in the
discussion.

Best,

Eddie