[iDC] Fwd: <edu-factory> Top Ten Universities for Student Debt in the U.S.

George Siemens gsiemens at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:49:59 UTC 2010

Much of the conversation on tuition fees is focused on the financial impact
on students (duh). But, as this article details (
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/college_guide/feature/the_prestige_racket.php)
the perception of cost and quality requires universities that wish to
be
seen as elite systems to increase tuition.

Not all cost increase in education is driven by need - a good portion is
driven by ego.

George

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Heidelberg, Chris <Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov