[iDC] Lessons to Be Learned From Paulo Freire as Education Is Being Taken Over by the Mega Rich

Christiane Robbins cpr at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 12 17:46:15 UTC 2010

Micha - Hi - and many thanks for adding the Giroux article et all.

Sergio, I am curious as to why you see that it is amazing to see
Freire on this list ... someone whom I, for one, have always been in
awe .... and to whose principles I aspire.  When I initially sent this
article to Trebor, he immediately wanted to post this to IDC.
Clearly, he felt its significance to IDC - who, by all indications,
appears to be populated by those who may also be independent and point
directions to a fair, creative and innovative society.

The brief analogies you draw between the neo-liberal, cultural and
educational  landscapes of Brazil and the current state of the USA
support a larger call to action.  Indeed, it has become incumbent upon
us all to breathe new perspectives and animate new visions - education
is but one vehicle.

Warmly,