[iDC] Anyone using SL

Joshua S. Fouts josh.fouts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:03:47 UTC 2010

I am a huge fan of the Second Life of art of Ball State University's John
Fillwalk (Second Life's Mencius Watts). We have blogged a bit about him
here: http://eurekadejavu.blogspot.com/search?q=fillwalk

His Flickr Gettr installation featured prominently in our Understanding
Islam through Virtual Worlds graphic novel and documentary as a way of using
art and social media in virtual worlds for cultural relations.

<http://eurekadejavu.blogspot.com/search?q=fillwalk>John bridges his virtual
world installations with physical world art -- including acoustic and
musical -- and creates installations in which virtual world objects when
touched or manipulated, create concurrent physical world music that you can
also hear in virtual worlds. Very cool stuff.

We host a number of his installations on "The Imagination Age," our islands
in Second Life. Ping me off list if you would like a tour. I'm also copying
John in (not sure if he is on the idc list).

--
Joshua S. Fouts
Senior Fellow, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs;
e: josh at dancinginkproductions.com
web: dancinginkproductions.com
blog: www.eurekadejavu.com
twitter/skype: josholalia