[iDC] Theories of Information Visualization

David Hakken dhakken at indiana.edu
Tue Jan 12 19:49:07 UTC 2010

On Jan 11, 2010, at 4:11 PM, lilly nguyen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking to provide an overview of approaches and theories to
> information visualization and am unsure of where to start. Do any of
> you IDC-listers have recommendations for sources, scholars, and
> texts? I am currently working on a project with Alan Liu at UC Santa
> Barbara and we are interested in getting a birds-eye view of various
> theoretical approaches to visualization as we embark on some of our
> own visualization work.
>
> Thanks so much!

Dear -lilly
  for an approach liked by US NSF, check the work of my colleague Katy
Boener (Boner) at the Indiana University School of Library and
Information Science.

David

> lilly nguyen
> phd candidate
> dept. of information studies | ucla
> lillynguyen at ucla.edu
> aim: deuxlits

David Hakken
Information Ethnographer
Professor of Social Informatics
School of Informatics and Computing
901 E. 10th Street, #318
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47406
dhakken at indiana.edu
812-856-1869 office; 812-391-2966 cell  812-856-19954 fax
http://www.informatics.indiana.edu/research/profiles/dhakken.asp

"What Rush Limbaugh does for talk radio...that's what The Heritage
Foundations does for public policy ideas"--Steve Forbes, HF
fundraiser, 8/10/09