[iDC] organizational resource

Douglas Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Wed Jul 27 00:29:32 UTC 2011

As part of the mission of the Public Sphere Project and as part of our
charge of carrying on some of CPSR's legacy we've started to build an
organizational resource including a "big tent" of  social change
organizations from all over the world that have a focus on information
and communication — traditional and  state-of-the-art; formal and
informal; civil society, educational, government, and business. We now
have information for about 40 organizations in the system.

http://www.publicsphereproject.org/drupal/civic_organizations

We will be relying on the community to keep the information current.

To add a new entry or make any changes to an existing one you will
need a Public Sphere Project account. As soon as you've filled out the
requested information, let me know and I'll unblock your account.
(This is our way of keeping junk accounts to a minimum.)

If you would like to change the entry for your organization you should
let me know and I can transfer ownership to your account.

We're hoping that the volunteer opportunities field for the
organizations could be useful.

Please feel free to forward this note to other organizations who may
want to add their information.

Also please give us any feedback or suggestions as to other resources
we might be able to add to the Public Sphere Project site.

Thanks!

-- Doug

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org

What  Kind of an Activist Are YOU? Play Activist Mirror and find out!
     http://apps.facebook.com/activist-mirror/

Public Sphere Project
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution
(project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution
(book)
     http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601