[iDC] Introduction

Ramon Sangüesa ramonsang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:13:36 UTC 2011

I am Ramon Sangüesa

My background is very technological (PhD In Artificial Intelligence) but I
have been motivated since a long time ago by the interaction between
technologies of information and opportunities for change in society. I am
currently a professor at the Technical University of Catalunya in Barcelona,
but I also have been involved am currently involved in initiatives that
promote "the digital".
And by "the digital" I don't mean just the access to or knowledge of digital
technologies but a deep understanding of their (to me) peculiar way in which
digital technologie ahve created a culture with their own ways of building
knowledge. Also new modes of innovation and organization. Or maybe there was
another culture that spawned digital technology processes of innovation and
organization?

Anyway,there is an fascinanting change  going on  that revolves around
"digital code". I have been working on its influence on citizen
participation, learning, and new economic forms.

Initially I collaborated with "knowledge transfer" with a twist with the
creation of the i2cat Foundation in Spain (on advanced internet
possibilities). Then become one of the founders of Citilab (Citizen's Lab)
to bring citizens to the front of digital innovation. Now I am collaborating
with CoCreating Cultures which focuses on collaborative ways to create
together new learning possibilities around science and the arts (and the mix
of the two). And from time to time and create and use some digital
technology;-)

A pleasure to meet you all!

Ramon Sangüesa
--