[iDC] Can DIY education be crowdsourced?

John Bell john at novomancy.org
Wed Sep 7 23:02:51 UTC 2011

Yes, I think the concepts are the same it's just the target metrics that are different.  Technorati specifically has good and bad points, but it's measuring broadcast impact really.  To be useful for education I suspect the metrics would have to be much more personal, more peer-based, and use data that isn't captured by existing signal monitors…those metrics may well feed into your second point on trust, though.

- John