[iDC] Yet another intro

Helaine Olen helaine.olen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 04:08:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm so awestruck by all your introductions, it has taken me a few days to
write my own.

I'm Helaine Olen. I'm  the author of Pound Foolish, about how the ideology
and culture of personal finance and Wall Street was sold to people as a way
they could prosper in our increasingly stratified world.That probably tells
you how I ended up on this list, because the same could be said about
aspects of the digital economy.  My most recent magazine piece was for
Pacific Standard, on how the gruesome multi-level marketing industry is
expanding with Silicon Valley venture money and appropriating the language
of the sharing and digital economies to bolster its own bottom line.

I'm really looking forward to reading more introductions, and meeting all
in November!

Best,
Helaine