[iDC] #PlatformCoop in 2016

Trebor Scholz scholzt at newschool.edu
Fri Jan 15 19:37:59 UTC 2016

Dear iDC subscribers,

In November 2015, I posted about the “Platform Cooperativism: The Internet,
Ownership, Democracy” event at The New School. It’s time for an update.

We wrote a short follow-up with links to videos interviews, press, and
follow up events here: http://platformcoop.net/page/platformcoop-in-2016

A publication outlining my platform cooperativism concept has just been
published by the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation (NYC and Berlin). It is
available for download in PDF format here.
http://www.rosalux-nyc.org/wp-content/files_mf/scholz_platformcooperativism_2016.pdf

It will  eventually be available in German, Korean, Italian, and French.

My book, Uberworked and Underpaid. How Workers Are Disrupting the Digital
Economy, will be published by Polity this summer. Nathan Schneider and I
are meanwhile working on editing a handbook on Platform Cooperativism in
collaboration with OR Books, also due to appear this summer.

~Trebor
R. Trebor Scholz

@trebors