[Thing.net-support] email scams

w w at thing.net
Fri Feb 8 18:52:35 UTC 2013

Hi people,

the scammers have been active again recently.  I hope by now everybody
can tell that "and you are there by advice to expand your email quota"
is not something we would write.  And a closer look at the sender's
email (Thing.net  Admin Technical Team <spricoh at lwav.net>) should make
it clear that this is a scam with only one intention: to get you to give
them your email password.  Trying to track them down is like playing a
version of whac-a-mole, they are constantly moving around and changing
urls for their phishing expeditions.  It is a condition we unfortunately
have to live with.  So the only thing to do is to IGNORE it.

Looking forward to blizzard Nemo tonight,

Wolfgang