[thingist] No need to take your shoes off when you enter.

Ricardo Dominguez rrdominguez at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 31 15:02:50 UTC 2009

hola all,

i like list servs! and i am quiet glad to see thingist jumping around my
screenal spaces.
seems like only a few lifetimes ago that i was playing with the old ipad
and answering the telephone early in the mornings like a robot to scare
folks at the thing office in chelsea (back when the hookers and cops were
still enjoying life on 23rd street) perhaps they are back now!? (we need
to put up that old thing.cam back on). i look forward to whatever strange
flowers may grow from the shoeless futures to come - the sleepers awaken!

as for me...lots of old stuff and lots of new stuff...at the edges of the
sea and borders
under the perfect sun...not just a touch evil here...but a big hand full.

Ricardo Dominguez is a co-founder of The Electronic Disturbance Theater
(EDT), a group who developed Virtual-Sit-In technologies in 1998 in
solidarity with the Zapatista communities in Chiapas, Mexico. His recent
Electronic Disturbance Theater project with Brett Stabaum, Micha Cardenas
and Amy Sara Carroll the *Transborder Immigrant Tool* (a GPS cellphone
safety net tool for crossing the Mexico/U.S border was the winner of
"Transnational Communities Award", this award was funded by *Cultural
Contact*, Endowment for Culture Mexico - U.S. and handed out by the U.S.
Embassy in Mexico), also funded by CALIT2 and two Transborder Awards from
the UCSD Center for the Humanities. Ricardo is an Associate Professor at
UCSD in the Visual Arts Department, a Hellman Fellow, and
Principal/Principle Investigator at CALIT2 (bang.calit2.net). He also
co-founder of *particle group* with artists Diane Ludin, Nina Waisman, Amy
Sara Carroll who focus on nano-toxicology and the economic flows of
nanotechnology - our  project is entitled *Particles of Interest: Tales of
the Matter Market* (pitmm.net) and we have presented in Berlin (2007), the
San Diego Museum of Art (2008), Oi Futuro, Brazil (2008), and CAL
NanoSystems Institute UCLA (2009).

- - - +++
Ricardo Dominguez
Associate Professor
Hellman Fellow

Visual Arts Department, UCSD
http://visarts.ucsd.edu/
Principal Investigator, CALIT2
http://calit2.net
Co-Chair gallery at calit2
http://gallery.calit2.net
CRCA Researcher
http://crca.ucsd.edu/
Ethnic Studies Affiliate
http://www.ethnicstudies.ucsd.edu/
Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies Affiliate
http://cilas.ucsd.edu

Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Politics,
Board Member
http://hemi.nyu.edu

University of California, San Diego,
9500 Gilman Drive Drive,