[thingist] THE THING presents ALTERAZIONI VIDEO NIGHT

James Allan james.allan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:48:03 UTC 2011

On 26 January 2011 00:47, w <w at thing.net> wrote:

> If nobody says anything I will call in Peter Fend...

"One could call this blog a series of pan-decade reviews." Peter Fend, 2
February 2010

The series was short lived. One post in a year. Even Cistercians talk more
than that. Compared to him I'm a regular Bob Hope.

Anyway, I hope it works out with Peter and his biofuel experiment. Here in
Oxford the artists growing things take a slightly more pragmatic approach to
renewables and grew hops on their allotment then turned them into beer. I've
had a few bottles and can say that it does increase energy and recommend
beer as nice change to drinking petrol.

http://www.modernartoxford.org.uk/whats-on/the-fermenting-room-return-of-the-rhizome/about/

By the way, before you close the list I'd like to remind Wolfgang that 10
years ago Blackhawk ran a short contest online relating to the phrase, 'When
I hear the word culture I reach for my gun.' The prize was a photo of you
wearing, if I remember correctly, a green leather jacket.

I won and I still haven't received my picture. I know you've been busy but I
am getting concerned.

Now when I hear the word culture I reach for my mouse. No prizes for that.