[mapping] Proposal

Lucas Bambozzi lbambozzi at comum.com
Thu Dec 16 14:07:18 EST 2004

hi trebor, sorry for not sharing my ideas previously. I was thinking
about pointing out the lack of spaces for sharing public experience
in the city. every meeting in sao paulo must happen in private
ambients. it may be in a bar, a restaurant, a shop(!), but never in a
park, in the streets, in a corner, in a garden. no benchs for
readings, no encounters by chance, no time to "waste" experiencing
the city. compared to other big cities such as Buenos Aires, London,
Paris, New York and many beach-cities like Rio de Janeiro, Barcelona,
Salvador, Fortaleza and Recife, here it is a much bigger disaster.
that should be a starting point to check how we are affected by
notions of power and control in private spaces [as we are confined
into them].
just wondering... [I hope this list could be useful for this too].
l.