[iDC] Re: REFRESH! conference, some impressions (panelism + powerpoint)

Lily Diaz diaz at uiah.fi
Thu Oct 13 00:05:04 EDT 2005

Dear Jon,

I did not attend RE-FRESH... However in reading
your post one sentence caught my attention:

>"If new media are going to be assimilated into the discipline of history
>without changing the way history does business, then I'll
>find something else to do..."

I would like to hear more your thoughts about
this maybe engage a in discussion, if others are
also interested. What do you mean by this
"assimilation"? How do you think that history
"does business"? How could new media change this?
Why it is needed?

I look forward to hearing comments and thoughts about this topic.

Regards,

Lily

|| |  |    |      |         |
Dr. Lily Díaz-Kommonen
Professor,
Systems of Representation
& Digital Cultural Heritage,
Media Lab
University of Art and Design Helsinki/UIAH
135C Hämeentie SF 00560 FINLAND

+ 358 9 75630 338
+ 358 9 75630 555 FAX
+ 358 40 7256925 GSM