[iDC] 5 years of MIT Open Courseware and the proceeds of openness

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at ferzkopp.net
Thu Apr 6 12:47:28 EDT 2006

Trebor Scholz wrote:

> Additional open courseware project include ...

What about Wikibooks?  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page

Wouldn't that be a nice platform with a decent "starting-capital"
already present to produce a similar thing.

Interestingly enough, I've never felt inclined to contribute on
Wikibooks. I think its because I don't feel competent enough for
"textbook writing" even though I might well be sufficiently competent in
some areas. Maybe prople who are more embedded in an academic
environment where publishing is the norm, do not have that inner hurdle
to jump over ...