[iDC] [NIDA]: Call for Interventions

nat muller nat at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 5 13:38:49 EDT 2006

  >>>>> Call for Interventions >>>>>>>>>>

Global Webcast, Saturday, August 12 2006, 9-11 PM (CET)

Outraged at Israel's ongoing aggression on Lebanon - which since July 12
2006 has killed over 900 people (mostly civilians),  displaced nearly
one million people (1/4 of Lebanon's entire population), and wrecked
Lebanon's infrastructure and economy - we say: khalas! enough!

We call for an immediate end to the violence and destruction.
We call on the international community to open its eyes - and on you to
make your voice heard.

With our fellow activists, artists and other bloggers in Lebanon - and
input from Iraq - we will produce a collaborative global webcast on
Saturday August 12, from 9 to 11 p.m. Central European Time/10-12
p.m. Lebanon time

This unique free style web jam around 'frequently raised despair' will
be produced at Waag Society in Amsterdam by Streamtime's Cecile
Landman, Jo van der Spek, Geert Lovink and Jaromil in collaboration
with Tarek Atoui, Nat Muller, Paul Keller  and many others.

The Global Webjam will consist of an audio and video stream, and
feature live interviews and conversations, video clips, cartoons and
blog blurbs, soundscapes, DJs and VJs, a lively mix of information,
art, protest, party and reflection.

Wahid el-Solh, a Lebanese DJ based in the Netherlands, will provide us
with the unrivalled nightlife ambiance of Beirut.

We see this as a precedent for future collaborations - to create a
platform fitting the spirit of Beirut, in defiance of war, and in
search for solidarity.

We shout out for our friends in Lebanon and elsewhere to contact us if
they want to join, share, participate in and contribute with their
recent experiences and productions.

Contact the team in Amsterdam with all your questions, suggestions,
contributions at: beirut at dischosting.nl

If you are in Lebanon and you want to contribute you can also contact
Tarek in Beirut: atouitarek at yahoo.fr mobile: +961-3-190985

If you have material to contribute please upload it to our ftp server:
ftp://dischosting.nl (username: upload password: streamtime)

Web-site: beirut.dischosting.nl
Skype: streamtime-khalas | cileland | jo-streamtime
Chat: freenode #nida
Telephone: +31206279661 (Solidarity Fund X-Y)

This event is funded and facilitated by Solidarity Fund X-Y
http://www.xminy.nl/ and initiated by Streamtime http://streamtime.org/.

Founded in 2004, Streamtime is an international support campaign for
Iraqi bloggers and engages with tactical media initiatives of artists
and activists throughout the Middle East.