[iDC] Interactive City: irrelevant mobile entertainment?

Isabelle Arvers zabarvers at bluewin.ch
Mon Aug 21 13:10:46 EDT 2006

Hello,

I couldn't attend to ISEA this year as i was stuck in Geneva, a not
so much interactive city!
But, I've been reading all your posts about your deception concerning
the projects presented at ISEA and related to the idea of play.

For me Karaoke should be a perfect way to criticize a karaoke world,
if it isn't the case, it might be then irrelevant.

About human interaction, i guess that we had a wonderfull experience,
not so long ago, with a workshop "Politics of Play" conceived and
directed by Amy Franceschini in Paris during the Mal au Pixel
Festival: if you want to have a look : http://www.futurefarmers.com/
play/index.html (the website is the documentation of the workshop).

The two games invented during the workshop were entirely dedicated to
the political, cultural and social situation of Saint Ouen, a
parisian suburb. Even some people from Saint Ouen participated to our
games trying to help us...

I really beleive that games and entertainment are a good way to bring
a critical point of view about the world and I am quite sad to read
that ISEA projects didn't prove it.
Isabelle

www.isabelle-arvers.com